Grab your guns, sorry Move controllers, because My.com are bringing their futuristic sci-fi shooter VR Invaders to PlayStation VR soon.
VR Invaders is a visceral shooter experience that takes place inside virtual reality programs. These programs offer the perfect distraction from life’s hardships and people are more than willing to spend almost all of their life logged into them. However, not everyone stays logged in voluntarily, sometimes a VR user can’t disconnect because of a software bug or a virus and that’s where you come to the rescue. Assuming the role of a “Diver” you must to fight back unexpected hordes of droids created by a vicious virus program as you try to extract “Stuck” VR users.
The game features:
• Fast-paced action – Shoot with a blaster and block bullets with a shield. Core mechanics are easy to grasp, but using them to the fullest against all the threats will be a challenge.
• Various levels – Virtual reality is vast. You’ll see radically different and gorgeous environments, from claustrophobic and dark, to enormously big and bright. Level structure shapes the gameplay.
• Hordes of droids – Enemies are numerous in quantity and type. Each one behaves differently and demands a change in combat tactics. A memorable boss awaits at the end of every level.
• Slow motion shield power – Freeze time to a halt when you need breathing space. Use this to kill lots of enemies at once or to check that no one is attacking you from the side.
• Multifunctional blaster – Gather power-ups from killed enemies to temporary transform your cyber weapon into various more powerful modes, such as a laser, a plasma gun or dual blasters.
• Different play modes – After completing a level in story mode, you can replay it in rating mode on three different difficulty levels to get a high score and become the best cyberspace diver.
Check out the trailer and screenshots below.
VR Invaders will be available on the PlayStation VR soon, we’ll bring you more news as we get it.